Saturday, July 20, 2013

Distribution in print - lessons learned

One thing I have learned in the past month is that the art of self-publishing is complicated.  You HAVE to pay very close attention to details.  Learn the craft - it will save you time and money.  I realized that I missed an opportunity to move my print books into general distribution by the options I selected the first time around.  So I had my cover redesigned slightly, reformatted the pages to a general distribution size, and posted the new version.  I have paid a premium for an expanded distribution.  It all went smoothly, but I could have done this the first time and saved one of my ISBNs.

I have checked - I am on Barnes and Noble and Sony, as promised, plus a host of smaller retailers.  Of course, Google, Amazon, and iTunes.  

Now, on to the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating letters to use as a plot vehicle

The Juno Letters uses two conventions throughout the stories - letters and journals. These are the text-messages and voice-mail of the era. ...