Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas reading lists and other things ...

It's the night before Christmas ... I happen to have a beautiful original edition of The Night Before Christmas in a glass display case. It is one of my prized book possessions. I pull it down every Christmas and read it to the children, and now grandchildren. There is nothing more special than a great book, and this is the proof.

Finding a great book can be a little tough. There are some great new services now - subscription services like Oyster.com and Scribd.com that let you read as much as you like for a set fee per month. If you are an avid reader, take a look at these. My books are there, but that really isn't the point. Enjoy looking over a lot of new potential reads without having to pay for them all.

In a more traditional vent, I have a link on the website to a reading list of historical novels, from the Civil War to Korea. I'll be adding to this as time goes on. These are all titles of SMASHWORDS, my distributor. This retailer is worth taking a look at.

I am getting an evil look from "Mrs. Claus" right now - we have company coming and I am doing the cooking. So Merry Christmas, and good reading!

L.W. Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating letters to use as a plot vehicle

The Juno Letters uses two conventions throughout the stories - letters and journals. These are the text-messages and voice-mail of the era. ...