Thursday, December 26, 2013

Making a living ... Northwest style

Making a living writing is great ... I am sitting in the lodge at White Pass, Washington, thinking up new ways to kill someone. What a job!

Writing tools are changing rspidly. Mobile technologies allow me a much greater sphere of trsvel while keeping me working ... and not carrying around a bulky laptop. I use Pages on my iPad to do most of my composing. It stores the document in the Cloud so it is always curretc at mt desktop. When I create my final manuscript I use Mellel. It is a word processor from a small software company in Isreal. It handles very large files beautifully, and puts MS Word to shame for power, features, and flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating letters to use as a plot vehicle

The Juno Letters uses two conventions throughout the stories - letters and journals. These are the text-messages and voice-mail of the era. ...