Monday, December 9, 2013

Audio Book #1 Done plus ...

Writing is a strange business. You imagine a world of creativity, endless hours with inspiration bringing world peace to the masses. Unfortunately, for every hour of truly creative writing you have many hours of hard work - editing, reediting, marketing, cajoling, screaming in the mirror - you name it. Writing is hard work, don't let anyone try and convince you otherwise.

Lately I have added audio books to my product line, and have just published the first one, a version of NOCK on Wood. Luckily, I have a great narrator - Gary Regal. He does most of the work. We will be starting on The Juno Letters series right after the new year, and plan to have all 3 finished by June.

I am back writing again after editing and publishing Cross of Fire, and revamping the website to accommodate the new book and new formats. The new story - book 3 of the series - is a lot darker, delving into the Nazi occult practices.

I have also repositioned my products price-wise, and my sales seem to have benefitted accordingly. Oddly, despite the low price and immediate availability of the e-books, I am selling more print-on-demand. I am not complaining - the margins and commissions are better -- and there is just something very compelling about holding the print book in your hands.

I am not going to make a big fuss about Christmas sales - it is more important to get the series completed and positioned correctly with all of the versions by spring. It is much like building a new business - don't open the doors till you got it right.

The web site has all the products for sale - I hope you will stop by and take a look for Christmas. But if you don't, there's always next year!

Have a merry Christmas and enjoy the time with family and friends.

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating letters to use as a plot vehicle

The Juno Letters uses two conventions throughout the stories - letters and journals. These are the text-messages and voice-mail of the era. ...