Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Trouble in River City (it's raiing here again ... we flood) etc.

I have a knack for getting into trouble - what I prefer to call "issues." I spent several weeks trying to get information on a license for the music to "Somewhere in Time" to include it on my video. The music industry, despite iTunes, is still mired in antiquated ways of doing business. If anyone had the cash, you could reinvent commercial access rights in an iTunes format and destroy the existing multi-tiered and inefficient commercial music industry - worth billions. A thought for another day ...

I gave up and posted it. Guess what? They found me ... real quick(ly). Pretty funny. The video now is without the soundtrack, but I have 10 (yes, 10) different brokers, agents, and 'consultants' all asking me what my budget for the music is. NOT 'it'll cost you $XXX for that' but how much I can spend.

Imagine going to the Wal-Mart and when you go to check out, they say "How much can you give us".

We'll see how this plays out. In the meantime, the second draft of Clan of the Black Sun (notice the title change) is completed, and the fun part starts - rereading until my eyes drop out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating letters to use as a plot vehicle

The Juno Letters uses two conventions throughout the stories - letters and journals. These are the text-messages and voice-mail of the era. ...