Monday, June 3, 2013

I have been busy setting up the marketing campaign for The Juno Letters, as well as starting the research for the sequel, Cross of Fire.  Many of you who follow my blog have received the sample email test.  Thanks for putting up with me on this.

I have signed up for Contact Contact to manage my email campaigns, and will begin to push these out in a week or so, as soon as I get the word of the latest version on the iBookstore.

Lulu.com is an independent retailer I have joined, and they are attempting to push the listing for the ePUB version to Barnes and Noble and iBookstore as well.  The format requirements there were extremely tough, especially trying to upload with a Word document.  Everytime I saved the file, my friends at Microsoft would graciously rearrange my styles for me - thank you, but I need them AS I APPLIED THEM - and what should have been a 1 hour change took over 4 hours.

The ePUB version I created directly out of Pages still looks the best on iBooks, but other platforms have different requirements, so they say.

Despite this, Lulu's interface and system is very user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating letters to use as a plot vehicle

The Juno Letters uses two conventions throughout the stories - letters and journals. These are the text-messages and voice-mail of the era. ...